I've connected the push-to-talk conference system and a few microphones are not working properly, what do I do?
Nine times out of ten, the system needs to be renumbered.
Background: Each microphone is assigned an identification number. If two microphones have the same ID number, it will cause these two microphones to act strangely (both turn on at the same time, not turn on at all, etc.)
The Numbering Process:
- Make sure all microphones are connected to the main unit.
- Turn on the main unit. The main units LCD will display “checking line” identifying all the microphones connected.
- When finished “Checking Line” a table with four columns will be displayed. Under the “Total” column is the amount of microphones recognized by the main unit
- If this is different from the actual amount of microphones connected, you must renumber the system.
- Select the “Menu” button on the main unit.
- Scroll left using the arrow key until you highlight the “NUMBER” option on the LCD. Press the “Menu” button to select.
- Press the “Menu” button to select “ALL” then again to select “START”
- The Microphone On/Off button on each of the delegate microphones will be flashing red. This indicates the microphones are ready to be numbered.
- Press each of the Microphone On/Off buttons. This will assign each microphone a new number.
- Note: The first microphone selected will be ID 1
- Press the “Menu” button on the main unit to select the highlighted “END” option.
- The main unit will display “Checking Line” identifying all the microphones connected.
- When finished “Checking Line” the numbering process is complete. Press the “Exit” key to view the four column table on the LCD. The number under the “TOTAL” column should coincide with actual quantity of microphones connected.
For more information on this topic, please call or chat with a Conference Rental representative. You may reach our tech support hotline at 1.888.788.RENT (7368).